[AUDITORY] music study piloting for kids

Dear AUDITORY,

Liam Crowley (cc'd) is a student at Victoria University of Wellington (NZ) and is working on a new study of children's intuitions about the songs they hear. We're looking for about 15-20 children to pilot the experiment, ideally between the ages of 4 and 14, but really any child is welcome to play.

To try it out, please visit kids.themusiclab.org (desktop or mobile are both OK, headphones advised).

At the beginning and end of the experiment there are instructions for parents to help your kid get set up. There's a feedback field at the end, in case you run into things you didn't like or didn't understand. The experiment is a kids' version of our "World Music Quiz", which played a small role in our recent paper (see the section "Listeners accurately identify the behavioral contexts of songs" in https://science.sciencemag.org/content/366/6468/eaax0868). As you'll hear, our narrator has a very Kiwi accent :)

Please feel free to circulate to any friends who have children that would be interested in playing. We appreciate the help.

thanks,
Sam

--
Samuel Mehr