[AUDITORY] FFR Equipment Inquiry

Good morning,

We are currently in the process of establishing a Doctor of Audiology program here at California State University, Sacramento and are in the midst of selecting equipment for the clinic. I am familiar with the NeuroScan and IHS SmartEP for measuring event-related potentials. Ideally, I would like to purchase a system that is well-represented in clinical settings and is also capable of doubling as research equipment (specifically for capturing the frequency-following response (FFR)). Our equipment rep indicated that the Interacoustics Eclipse has this functionality. The Eclipse is frequently used for evoked potentials in a clinical setting, but I don’t have any personal experience with this particular piece of equipment.

Has anyone use the Eclipse for FFR purposes or have any other ERP (with FFR capability) equipment recommendations?

Warm regards,

Jane

Jane Grabowski, Au.D., CCC-A, F-AAA

Assistant Professor

Au.D. Clinic Director

Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders

California State University, Sacramento

6000 J Street MS 6071

Sacramento, CA 95819

Office: Folsom Hall 2404E