[AUDITORY] Infant-Directed Speech corpora?

Dear list,

Our lab (Infant and Child Development Center, Northwestern University. PI: Sandra Waxman) is working on a project aiming to identify acoustic properties which infants of different age groups use to classify various languages into different natural classes.  We are currently interested in looking at languages such as English, German, Cantonese, and Turkish.  For our acoustic analyses, we are looking for IDS corpora of these different languages with high-quality lab/studio-recorded recordings. Ideally, we would like the content of the utterances to be somewhat uniform (e.g. Frog Where Are You or The North Wind and the Sun narratives), but we also welcome IDS recordings of utterances from all other contexts.

We would be very grateful if any list member could point us to corpora of this kind.

Best regards,

Joe Lau

Joseph C.Y. (Joe)  Lau, Ph.D.
Post-doctoral Scholar