[AUDITORY] PhD positions available in auditory perception and language at the University of Cambridge

Dear All,

Researchers at the MRC Cognition and Brain Sciences Unit, University of Cambridge, are currently inviting applications for PhD studentships in cognitive neuroscience, with a focus on auditory perception and language, for intake in October 2020. Various funding streams are available for 3- or 4-year positions. In particular, we are seeking applicants interested in speech, language, and hearing in children with hearing loss, and speech and hearing in adults with sensory impairments or in those using cochlear implants.

We would be grateful if you could please advertise this programme to any potential students who might be interested. Interested candidates should contact Lorna Halliday, Matt Davis or Bob Carlyon in the first instance.

Many thanks.

__________________________________

PhD programme

The MRC Cognition and Brain Sciences Unit hosts 20-30 graduate students at any time and applications are invited from prospective PhD students wishing to pursue research in areas covered by any of our research programmes. Our approaches include experimental cognitive psychology, neuropsychology, computational modelling, brain stimulation (TMS, tES) and neuroimaging using MRI, MEG, and EEG.

Deadline: 3 December 2019

Please see our poster and website for more details.

The MRC Cognition and Brain Sciences Unit and University of Cambridge

The MRC Cognition and Brain Sciences Unit is a leading research centre for advancing understanding of human cognition such as memory, attention, perception, language and emotion. It aims to translate research findings to improve health and wellbeing, including developing psychological therapies for mood disorders, improving our understanding of cognitive problems in childhood, and optimising diagnostic and rehabilitative techniques for neurological conditions.

The mission of the University of Cambridge is to contribute to society through the pursuit of education, learning and research at the highest international levels of excellence. To date, 107 affiliates of the University have won the Nobel Prize.

Dr Lorna Halliday

Principal Research Associate & MRC Senior Research Fellow

Email: lorna.halliday@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx