[AUDITORY] Asst Prof position (SLP) @ U Memphis

Dear List,
Please circulate to colleagues who may be interested in this position:

12-Month Tenure Track Speech-Language Pathology Faculty Position

The School of Communication Sciences and Disorders at the University of Memphis is seeking applicants for an available tenure-track position in Speech-Language Pathology at the Assistant Professor rank, with an expected start date of August 15, 2020

Applicants should be prepared to teach at the graduate undergraduate levels, pursue programmatic research, interact with the clinical and academic program of the School, advise students, and provide service to the School and University. Applicants must have earned a PhD or other research doctorate by the start date, and clinical certification and eligibility for state licensure in SLP are strongly preferred. Candidates with a record of publications and likelihood of success in obtaining extramural funding will be preferred, and post-doctoral experience demonstrating advanced research training will also be advantageous.

We are particularly interested in candidates with expertise in developmental language or speech sciences with applications to neurodevelopmental disorders such as autism. Interests in related areas, e.g. sociocultural bases of communication, literacy, medical speech-language pathology are welcomed, and experience with online delivery will be advantageous. Established areas of strength within our School and University include cognitive and neurological sciences as well as development of speech and language; candidates prepared to build on these strengths may especially thrive in our setting.

The School of CSD (http://www.memphis.edu/csd/) is an historically top-ranked program offering graduate degrees in Speech-Language Pathology, Audiology, and research-oriented PhDs. We are also establishing a presence in undergraduate education with an emphasis on American Sign Language. The School is housed in a new building with state-of-the-art teaching, research, and clinical facilities (www.memphis.edu/chbuilding/). Many collaborative opportunities exist within the School and with other units in the University, including strong affiliations with the Institute for Intelligent Systems which focuses on interdisciplinary cognitive science, artificial intelligence, developmental, and educational research (see http://www.memphis.edu/iis/). We also have strong links to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, the Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare system, the University of Tennessee Health Science Center, and other local SLP and medical communities.

We will begin reviewing applications December 10, 2019 and will continue to review applications until the position is filled, pending availability of funds. For questions, contact search committee chair Eugene H. Buder at ehbuder@xxxxxxxxxxx or at (901) 678-5873. Interested applicants must upload a curriculum vitae, cover letter, research and teaching interests (including preferred course assignments), a statement of teaching philosophy, a statement of research experience including plans for expanding the research program, three letters of reference, unofficial transcripts, and selected publications to the University WorkForum site https://workforum.memphis.edu/postings/23828. Women and members of underrepresented populations are especially encouraged to apply. EE/AA Employer.

Gavin M. Bidelman, PhD
Associate Professor

The University of Memphis

Institute for Intelligent Systems