[AUDITORY] postdoctoral position - Northwestern University (hearing aids/aging/psychoacoustics/cognition)

Dear colleagues,  please see below for a postdoctoral opening in my lab.   The new hire will join 3 postdocs with backgrounds that (collectively) include linguistics, cognition, audiology, acoustics, and music; a full-time AuD lab director; and student research assistants.  I would be happy to discuss further with those interested.

Regards,

Pam

Pamela Souza, PhD
Professor and Chair

Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders
and Knowles Hearing Center, Northwestern University
Frances Searle Building 3-248
2240 Campus Drive, Evanston, IL  60208
Email: p-souza@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or csdchair@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Office phone: 847-491-3066
https://halab.northwestern.edu  /   halab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  /  847-467-0897

Postdoctoral position in auditory perception/aging/cognition at Northwestern University

A full-time postdoctoral position is available in the Hearing Aid Laboratory (https://halab.northwestern.edu) at Northwestern University to work with Dr. Pamela Souza and her collaborators on topics related to auditory perception, aging and cognition. Our translational research interests encompass cognitive and auditory testing as well as hearing-aid fitting and outcome measurement in adults with hearing impairment.  Our current projects include: variability in speech understanding and listening effort in response to hearing aid processing; how hearing loss and cognitive ability contributes to that variability; and unaided and aided listening in noise and reverberation.  We welcome applications from PhD candidates in fields related to auditory or cognitive science (audiology, psychology, linguistics, gerontology) or AuD candidates interested in transitioning to a research environment. The candidate will participate in all phases of research including experimental design, participant recruitment, data collection and analysis, grant administration, and dissemination of results at scientific conferences and in research publications.

This 2-3 year position is supported by funding from Northwestern University and the National Institutes of Health.  Mentorship in grant writing will be available for candidates who wish to seek independent funding.  Salary is commensurate with NIH and University post-doctoral stipend levels.

The position is housed within the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders on the Evanston campus.  The Department has a strong translational hearing research program including excellent research laboratories, an anechoic chamber, virtual sound room to simulate realistic environments, the Northwestern University Center for Audiology, Speech, Language and Learning, and the Knowles Hearing Center.

Please send applications or inquiries electronically to p-souza@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.  Applications should include a cover letter stating research interests and career goals, a current CV or biosketch, and contact information for two references.  Application review begins in fall 2019 and continues until the position is filled.  Starting date is negotiable.  Northwestern University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.