[AUDITORY] CFP: "Future Directions of Music Cognition" May 11-15, 2020

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce the Call for Papers for the "Future Directions of Music Cognition" conference, to be held in Columbus, OH from May 11-15, 2020. Details about abstract submissions can be found at our website http://org.osu.edu/mascats/call-for-papers/ and are due by 11:59 PM on December 15, 2019

Each day of the "Future Directions" conference will be devoted to one music & science topic: corpus studies, emotion, rhythm & meter, timbre, and pedagogy. During each day, there will be a keynote presentation, a methodology workshop, presentations & posters, and group projects.

The five keynote speakers are the following people:

Corpus Studies—Daniel Shanahan
Emotion—Jonna Vuoskoski
Pedagogy—Leigh VanHandel
Rhythm & Meter—Justin London
Timbre—Stephen McAdams

Although the conference is centered on five central themes (corpus studies, emotion, pedagogy, rhythm & meter, and timbre), presentations & posters from any area of music cognition will be considered.

The program committee is listed below:

Stefanie Acevedo

Claire Arthur

Janet Bourne

Julian Céspedes Guevara

Nat Condit-Schultz

Eugenia Costa-Giomi

Johanna Devaney

Tuomas Eerola

Andrew Goldman

Jessica Grahn

Niels Chr. Hansen

Bryn Hughes

Edward Large

Peter Martens
SongHui Chon

Jason Noble

Henna-Riikka Peltola

Nancy Rogers

Charalampos Saitis

Andrea Schiavio

David Temperley

Renee Timmers

Finn Upham

Zachary Wallmark

Christopher White

We are excited to see you in Columbus in May.

Sincerely,

Organizing Committee for

Future Directions of Music Cognition 2019

Lindsay Warrenburg, Co-Chair
Lindsey Reymore, Co-Chair

Joshua Albrecht, Program Committee Chair
Daniel Shanahan, Faculty Advisor