[AUDITORY] Replacement for Hammerfall DSP 9632 sound card

Dear list,

My lab has been using the Hammerfall DSP 9632 PCI sound card for each of our 6 sound-proof booths for psychophysics research.  However, we need to upgrade our computers, and PCI is no longer a option.  I know Hammerfall makes the HDSPe AIO, which is the equivalent sound card for PCI express, but it is pretty expensive (about $900 USD) considering we need 6 of them.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on what sound cards are good these days.  I know USB sound cards are an option, but are there major downsides to those, like increased latency these days?  Would PCI express be better in this regard?  Too much latency will be an issue since we need to track user responses' to what they hear.

To be a bit more specific about our needs, we need at least two channels of analog input and out least two channels (ideally four or more) of analog output.  We also need ASIO support (these will be used on Windows 10), and a wide dynamic range is important.  Digital I/O and high sampling rate are not important.  The computers support USB 2, USB 3, and PCI express.

Thank you very much for your help!

Sincerely,
Todd