[AUDITORY] Looking for a Research Associate in Virtual Reality and Auralisation

Dear Colleagues,

Apologies for cross-posting.

At the Dyson School of Design Engineering (Imperial College London), we are currently looking for a Research Associate in Virtual Reality and Auralisation to work on the project Speech Perception and Listening Effort in Simulated Realistic Audio-visual Environments.

The goal of the project is to develop a simulated audio-visual environment that facilitates assessment of speech perception and listening effort in realistic conditions for hearing-impaired listeners, and to use it for exploring important issues concerning the relationships between different measures of listening effort and traditional speech perception tests.

The successful candidate will lead the design and development of the VR-based audio-visual environments and application. This is going to be based on a head-mounted display system (e.g. Samsung GearVR, HTC Vive, etc.), and is going to include advanced 3D audio features (https://github.com/3DTune-In/3dti_AudioToolkit/), and an infra-red eye tracking system.

This project is in collaboration with University College London (UCL) and the University of Cambridge, and is funded by the William Demant Foundation.

Essential requirements
Candidates must have knowledge of programming for Virtual Reality, ideally in Unity, but other similar development platforms might also be considered. Experience with integrating hardware and software components and interfaces (e.g. eye tracker, game controllers, tracking systems) is also essential. A PhD in areas related with computing, hearing sciences, digital signal processing, music technology and/or acoustics is preferable.