[AUDITORY] A Request For Proposal: To build a music visualization demo for a patent, compensation = 10% of patent value

All,

I have a patent application for music visualization (WO 2017/136854 A9).  I need someone or a team with signal processing and visualization expertise to build a demo of the patented technology.  Compensation: 10% of the value of the patent, but will also be of interest since you will wind up with a platform for music perception research.  If interested, email me at lathrop@xxxxxxxxxxx and I’ll send you the Request For Proposal (RFP).  – John Lathrop

Bullet Points:

Qualitatively different from any current music visualizations.

Perceptual level, mapping psychoacoustic cues to visual cues, cue to cue, to a time-streaming visual display.

Workbench orientation, with a dashboard such that the user can systematically explore different mappings.

That workbench a platform for research in music perception, empirically informed by experiments. Could be the start of a music perception research program at your institution.

That platform brings us into an unexplored two-mode perceptual space, so the research there has to be empirical.

Would be great to explore the effectiveness of mappings standardized within music genres, performance groups, etc.

That platform will be so much fun to work with, the 10% equity could be beside the point.

Users of that platform: music perception researchers, music consumers, music producers, concert producers, musicians.  Special interest: profoundly deaf music consumers.

BTW, am struck by one very basic cue of music perception that all other music visualizations miss.  I won’t tell you what it is, to pique your interest.