[AUDITORY] SAFE project - audio recordings

Dear Colleagues,

The SAFE Project has been placing recording devices throughout the rainforest in Borneo. That audio is now available to listen to here - acoustics.safeproject.net.

Try out listening to the dawn chorus starting at 6am when the animals are just waking. Or see if you can work out which of the animals you're hearing on the stream - we'll list animals that live in that area and area likely to be around at that time. You may also be surprised to find out that from the sound alone you are able to hear differences between separate parts of the forest.

We hope you enjoy exploring.

For more information about the audio recording devices we developed for this project, please see the paper we recently published in Methods in Ecology and Evolution -

Best regards
Lorenzo

--
Dr Lorenzo Picinali
Senior Lecturer in Audio Experience Design

http://www.imperial.ac.uk/people/l.picinali

www.imperial.ac.uk/design-engineering-school