[AUDITORY] Enrolment open to Helsinki Summer School in Cognition, Communication, and the Brain - 6. - 22. of August, 2019

Dear all,

We are once again organizing a summer school in Helsinki, Finland; we would appreciate if you could share this message with your colleagues and encourage potential students to apply!

The Helsinki Summer School in Cognition, Communication and the brain is arranged between 6th and 22nd of August, in Helsinki, Finland, as a continuation of the former Helsinki Summer School in Auditory Cognitive Neuroscience. The topics of the summer school of 2019 focus on interdisciplinary approaches to studying the neurocognitive underpinnings of topics in cognitive sciences, speech sciences and cognitive neuroscience using a wide variety of both electrophysiological (EEG, MEG, and EEG with TMS) and behavioural (e.g. Eye tracking and other psychophysiological methods) approaches. Course has plethora of lectures by international experts, such as Stefan Elmer, Daniela Sammler, David Kirsh, Andriy Myachikov, and Julia Festman. In addition, the course includes hands-on training and/or demo sessions in various less-known methods and tools (MEG, TMS, articulography, VR tools, computational approaches to data analysis and more).

The summer school is intended for postgraduate (master’s level) and PhD students who are interested in measuring human cognition using both neuroscientific and behavioural methods; the course provides 6 ECTS credits. The course fee varies between 900 (students) and 1400€ (professionals).

Please visit the website below for more information:

https://www.helsinki.fi/en/admissions/helsinki-summer-school/courses/cognition-communication-and-the-brain

We hope to see you in Helsinki in August!

On behalf of all organizers,

Alina Leminen & Eino Partanen