[AUDITORY] new citizen science platform

Dear Auditory list,

My lab has just launched a public beta of a citizen science platform for music research at beta.themusiclab.org. The site was built in collaboration with Josh Hartshorne's lab at Boston College and is based on their Pushkin platform.

I wanted to share this with the community because the platform makes it quite easy to start new collaborations, even if one doesn't have extra funding lying around for them! The experiments run in the open source _javascript_ library jsPsych, which a skilled undergrad can get comfortable with in just a few days' time (even if they have limited programming experience). And the cost of adding a single experiment to the site is minimal on top of the overhead of running it in the first place.

So, if you and/or your students would like to join us in developing new research about anything in the domain of music and audition, please get in touch.

best
Sam

--
Samuel Mehr