[AUDITORY] Independent of direction equalization

Dear list,

I´m implementing a matlab routine for the calculation of Loudness for a non-stationary sound,(approaching vehicle) recorded with a Head and Torso Simulator, in accordance with ISO 532-1:2017.
The standard refers to the Annex D, where a ID equalization (Independent of Direction) is suggested. Is there a standardized methodology for this ID equalization? I can´t seem to find much about it...I understand it is so to remove ear canal and conchae resonances.
I also wonder if this would be the most suitable method to get a Loudness-Time plot of an approaching vehicle...
Any tips would be of great help.

Cheers

Frederico

--