[AUDITORY] Open PhD position in audio and speech enhancement

Dear list,

I am happy to announce that I have an open, fully-funded PhD position in my (newly-established) group within the Internet and Data Sciences Lab (IDLab) of Ghent University, Belgium.

The PhD position is in the area of single-channel audio and speech enhancement. Specifically, the topic is at the intersection of signal processing and machine learning. The aim of the PhD research is to develop novel methods for audio and speech enhancement that combine the strengths of traditional, statistical-model based speech enhancement with the advantages offered by deep learning-based approaches. The application areas of this research encompass the fields of telecommunications, hearing prostheses, and human-machine interfaces.

More information on my research interests and that of my group may be found here:
https://www.ugent.be/ea/idlab/en/members/nilesh-madhu.htm

Please feel free to contact me for more details.

Applications are requested no later than January 31, 2019.

Met vriendelijke groet/ Best regards,

Nilesh Madhu
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Nilesh Madhu
Ghent University - imec
IDLab
nilesh.madhu@xxxxxxxx
AA Tower | Technologiepark Zwijnaarde 122
9052 Ghent

M: +32 488 04 25 14
Web : https://www.ugent.be/ea/idlab/en/research/overview.htm