[AUDITORY] Language in Interaction: Research Data Manager for Research Consortium 'Language in Interaction' (0.8 FTE)

We would like to draw your attention to the following opening within the Language in Interaction consortium. Please feel free to forward this information to anyone who might be interested.

Research Data Manager for Research Consortium 'Language in Interaction' (0.8 FTE)

Dutch Research Consortium 'Language in Interaction'
Maximum salary: € 4,166 gross/month
Vacancy number: 30.14.18
Application deadline: 6 January 2019

Logo NWO

Logo Language in Interaction

Responsibilities

The Dutch research consortium Language in Interaction (LiI) invites applications for a Research Data Manager position.

You will be responsible for the further development, elaboration and implementation of FAIR data management for all research data created within our consortium.
You will facilitate and streamline lean and efficient research data management (RDM) at our different partner institutes through fostering discussion, sharing knowledge and accumulating best practices. Extensive consultation and close collaboration with data stewards at our different partner institutions will be required.
You will serve as a first point of contact for RDM for all LiI partner institutions as well as our individual researchers, providing information, templates, guidelines and regulations. You will monitor compliance with the agreed LiI RDM plan for all research projects funded by LiI.
In collaboration with existing support teams, you will be expected to operate as product owner by taking responsibility for the implementation of a database through which all data produced in our consortium is made available under the principles of FAIR data management. This requires translation of the functional aspects into technical implementation using opportunities offered by the existing infrastructure.

You will become a member of the Management Team of our consortium, under the supervision of Prof. Peter Hagoort. This position provides the opportunity to become a member of an interdisciplinary consortium conducting world-class research.

Work environment

The Language in Interaction (LiI) research consortium is sponsored by a Gravitation grant from the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO). LiI brings together many excellent researchers from eight different research institutions in the Netherlands in a research programme on the foundations of language.
Teams of researchers collaborate to collectively address five key questions in our research field, producing an enormous variety of data types, all of which require different approaches to fulfil the criteria for FAIR data management. Until now, each partner institution has developed its own protocols for FAIR data management. The consortium offers a unique opportunity to standardise data management on a transcending scale.

You will be appointed at the Donders Institute, Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging (Radboud University, Nijmegen). All our partner institutions offer an international setting. English is the lingua franca.

What we expect from you

·         you have a scientific background (preferably in a domain related to the research performed by our consortium);

·         you have affinity with scientific research;

·         you have an excellent sense of organisational and managerial relations;

·         you have good communication skills;

·         you are able to translate functional requirements into technical implementations;

·         you have general programming skills;

·         you are acquainted (or willing to familiarise yourself) with all aspects that influence FAIR data management (technical aspects, but also ethics, legislation, etc.);

·         you are enterprising and result-oriented;

·         you have strong oral and written English proficiency.

What we have to offer

·         employment: 0.8 FTE;

·         a maximum gross monthly salary of € 4,166 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 10);

·         in addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus;

·         you will be appointed for the remaining time frame of our consortium, until June 30, 2023;

·         University job profile: Project Leader Level 1;

·         you will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service where our Dual Career Officer will assist with family related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation.

Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?

Other Information

The intended start date is as soon as possible. The institute involved is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a culturally diverse intellectual community, and as such encourages applications from women and minorities.

Would you like to know more?

Further information on: The Language in Interaction research consortium

For more information about this vacancy, please contact:
MSc. Sander Berends, programme manager Language in Interaction
Telephone: +31 24 3619838
E-mail: s.berends@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Prof. dr. Peter Hagoort, principal investigator
Telephone: +31 24 3610648, +31 24 3521301
E-mail: p.hagoort@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Are you interested?

You should upload your application (attn. of Prof. dr. P. Hagoort) exclusively using the button 'Apply' below. Your application should include (and be limited to) the following attachment(s):

·         a cover letter

·         your curriculum vitae, including the names of at least two persons who can provide references

Apply

No commercial propositions please.

Kind regards,

Julia Verhoef

Secretary - Language in Interaction Consortium

Radboud University | Donders Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging (DCCN)

Room 0.026 Kapittelweg 29, 6525 EN Nijmegen, The Netherlands

P.O. Box 9101, 6500 HB, Nijmegen, The Netherlands |T: +31 (0)24 3666272

E: J.Verhoef@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx|Office hours: 9-14 hr on Mon -  Fri