[AUDITORY] Three Postdocs in Epilepsy and Brain-Computer Interfaces, Melbourne, Australia

Three Postdocs in Epilepsy and Brain-Computer Interfaces

ARC Training Centre in Cognitive Computing for Medical Technologies

The University of Melbourne and IBM Research - Australia

http://jobs.unimelb.edu.au/caw/en/job/898108/research-fellows-in-epilepsy-3-positions

We have created a new research training centre dedicated to Cognitive Computing for Medical Technologies and are now looking for outstanding Research Fellows to join on us on three-year appointments. This is an exciting joint venture between the Department of Biomedical Engineering and the School of Computing and Information Systems in collaboration with our research partners IBM Research Australia, University of South Australia, Western Sydney University, RMIT University, and CSIRO. Our focus is to create a workforce that is expert in developing, applying, and integrating artificial intelligence technologies in data-intensive medical contexts by facilitating the next generation of data-driven and machine learning-based medical technologies.

The Three Roles:

1. Epileptic Seizure Prediction - in this project, you will work to develop and apply state-of-the-art machine learning approaches for epileptic seizure prediction as well as assessing the efficacy of epilepsy medication.

2. Epilepsy Modelling - in this project, you will help understand the causes and behaviours of epileptic seizures and develop high fidelity models for seizure prediction. This will be done by bringing together neural models of the brain with machine learning.

3. Brain-Computer Interfaces - in this project, you will work to develop a neural network-based brain-computer interface that can be used to control augmentative devices for people with speech, vision or motor disorders.

We are interested in applications from those whose expertise aligns with and reflects strengths in Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science.  We are also interested in specific experience in programming skills, machine learning, signal processing and computational neuroscience.

Applications close: 07 Jan 2019 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time

Details: http://jobs.unimelb.edu.au/caw/en/job/898108/research-fellows-in-epilepsy-3-positions

Regards,

David

Professor David B. Grayden

Head of Department

Dept of Biomedical Engineering

Melbourne School of Engineering

The University of Melbourne, Victoria 3010 Australia

http://www.bme.unimelb.edu.au | https://www.linkedin.com/in/dgrayden