[AUDITORY] Vacancy – job opening: Postdoctoral researcher on the project DART: Dutch ASR-based Reading Tutor

Application deadline: 14 November 2018

Vacancy – job opening: Postdoctoral researcher [http://hstrik.ruhosting.nl/postdoc-reading-dart/]
on the project DART: Dutch ASR-based Reading Tutor [http://hstrik.ruhosting.nl/DART/]

Literacy is a prerequisite to participate in our knowledge society and reading skills are essential for school success. However, developing reading skills requires intensive practice. To facilitate this process we will develop educational software that incorporates Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) to provide instantaneous, automated feedback on reading aloud. The research will first address how the ASR-based reading software can best be designed and implemented in the school practice and at home. Educational software with optimized ASR technology and different forms of feedback will then be developed and tested in realistic conditions. This research will provide important theoretical and practical insights on the possibilities and effectiveness of ASR-based reading software.

For more information, see http://hstrik.ruhosting.nl/postdoc-reading-dart/

Regards, Helmer
    http://hstrik.ruhosting.nl/contact/
.