[AUDITORY] Vacancy – job opening: Postdoctoral ASR – Speech Researcher on the project BLISS

Application deadline: 28 October 2018

Vacancy: Postdoctoral ASR – Speech Researcher
on the project BLISS: Behaviour-based Language-Interactive Speaking Systems

The Centre of Language and Speech Technology (CLST) at Radboud University Nijmegen has a vacancy for a post-doctoral speech technology researcher. BLISS [http://hstrik.ruhosting.nl/bliss/] combines research on how using Big Data and information extraction can make a substantial contribution to self-management and improvement of the individual health situation. In this project we will build a smart, personalized, spoken dialogue system (SDS) supporting self-management that is able to meaningfully communicate with people about issues regarding their personal health, well-being and happiness using Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR). For this SDS we need to personalise the ASR component to adapt to speaker variation and to topic changes in dialogue. As a researcher you will combine knowledge of Deep Neural Networks (DNNs, Kaldi) based ASR with experience in SDS.

For more information: http://hstrik.ruhosting.nl/asr-postdoc-bliss/

Regards, Helmer
    http://hstrik.ruhosting.nl/contact/
.