[AUDITORY] Employment Opportunity at NCRAR, Portland, OR

Investigator: Hearing Aids
National Center for Rehabilitative Auditory Research (NCRAR)
VA Portland Health Care System, Portland, Oregon

The NCRAR is recruiting a hearing aid scientist who has a documented track-record of research success (by way of publications and grants), and who will be able to compete for peer-reviewed research support in amplification. Research space and relevant equipment will be provided.  Start up support will be negotiated.

NCRAR is closely affiliated with Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) Departments of Otolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery and Neurology, and the Neuroscience Graduate Program. The NCRAR is housed within a dedicated 20,000 sq. ft. research facility located at the VA Portland Health Care System (VAPORHCS), and includes ten double-wall sound-attenuation suites, a large anechoic chamber, and balance laboratories.

VAPORHCS is a large tertiary care (1A) facility serving over 95,000 veterans annually. We rank in the top 10 for research support among VAs nationwide. OHSU and the VAPORHCS are linked by a pedestrian sky bridge that facilitates our close partnership. Our setting in the beautiful Pacific Northwest further enhances this opportunity.

Applicants are invited to send a CV and cover letter to:
M. Patrick Feeney, Ph.D. (patrick.feeney@xxxxxx
Applicants must be US citizens.

The NCRAR is cultivating a community of clinicians, research scientists, and scholars who can address the communicative, economic, psychosocial, and vocational issues associated with auditory disorders. The Center is unique because of the broad range of professionals who work together with a focus on delivering rehabilitative therapeutics within the lifetime of the Veteran, with the greatest effectiveness and in a way that promotes efficiency.

Currently, more than 40 professionals are engaged in a variety of research and development activities of the NCRAR. Working alongside auditory research scientists and audiologists, it is commonplace to find such other professionals as healthcare educators, immunologists, otolaryngologists, neurologists, neuropsychologists, oncologists, and speech-language pathologists

https://www.ncrar.research.va.gov/AboutUs/Staff/Index.asp

To learn about the recent work at the NCRAR and the 20 history of our Center, please download our 2017 Annual Report
https://www.ncrar.research.va.gov/Documents/NCRAR_AnnualUpdate2017.pdf

Frederick (Erick) Gallun, PhD
Research Investigator, VA RR&D National Center for Rehabilitative Auditory Research
Associate Professor, Oregon Health & Science University
http://www.ncrar.research.va.gov/AboutUs/Staff/Gallun.asp