[AUDITORY] Post-doctoral position at Lopez-Poveda’s lab

Dear list members,

The University of Salamanca will soon announce a post-doctoral position (starting this September 2018) to work on computational models of cochlear implant outcomes. The research will be carried out in my laboratory (audiolab.usal.es) with close interaction with Oticon Medical (Nice, France).

The work involves developing computational models of auditory nerve responses to electrical stimulation, measuring outcomes in cochlear implant users, and developing computational models of cochlear implant outcomes.

Candidates are expected to have a PhD and/or post-doctoral experience in auditory modeling, excellent programming skills in Matlab, excellent command of English language, and excellent oral and written communication skills. Knowledge of Spanish language, and experience in C or Python programming languages and in testing cochlear implant users will be advantageous.

We offer a one-year contract with the possibility of extending it up to three years, a thriving multi-disciplinary research environment, and a close interaction with industry.

Interested candidates should send their CV together with an application letter to me before July 15 (ealopezpoveda@xxxxxxx). Nonetheless, the official application deadline will be later because pre-selected candidates will eventually have to submit an official application via the University of Salamanca on-line announcement and application system (https://sede.usal.es/opencms/opencms/es/Tablones).

This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic post-doctoral scientist interested in cochlear-implant research using an unusually broad range of techniques. Please forward this announcement to suitable candidates.

Sincerely,

--
Enrique A. Lopez-Poveda, PhD
Instituto de Neurociencias de Castillay y León