[AUDITORY] Apple University Relations - Acoustics and Neuroscience Internship Opportunity

Hi all,

Apple's Audio Technology team is looking for an Acoustics & Neuroscience intern! The internship is located at headquarters in Cupertino, CA and is a paid internship with benefits. The window to start and end the internship is between September, 2018 and September, 2019 with a minimum work term of three months. Preference is for six to nine months, though.

Please email your resume to jcronshagen@xxxxxxxxx and apply to the position on Jobs at Apple - https://www.apple.com/jobs/us/

Job Number is 114023929.

Thank you!

Position Title: Acoustics & Neuroscience Intern

Job Summary

At Apple, we strive to achieve surprise and delight for every one of our millions of customers around the world. The Acoustics Group is currently looking for an innovative scientist with a background in acoustics and neuroscience. Our intern will have a strong research background and have made creative contributions to neuroscience. We are seeking an outstanding teammate with excellent social skills and who has a dedication to conducting impactful research in support of technology development.

Key Qualifications

Our intern will have at least some of the following:

  • 4 years of graduate-level research with an emphasis on auditory brainstem

    response, frequency-following response and auditory stimulus.

  • Fluent in experimental design and quantitative analysis of human behavioral and

    EEG studies.

  • Experience collecting/analyzing multi-modal datasets and applying machine

    learning, statistical and signal processing a plus.

  • Knowledge in computational neuroscience and neural coding a plus.

  • Excellent creative thinking and analytical skills.

    Description

    This is a multi-faceted scientific role that will require you to be versatile across a variety of tasks in a highly collaborative environment. You will work closely with other scientists and engineers to rapidly carry out studies that help drive research and development. You will have the following responsibilities:

  • Design and carry out user studies.

  • Perform extensive data analysis to pull out actionable insights from complex

    datasets.

  • Work cross-functionally with other teams to translate these insights into

    transformative technology prototypes.

  • Conduct literature reviews and survey technology trends and share insights

    cross-functionally.

  • Present your findings to key partners.

    Education

    Advanced doctoral students in Neuroscience, Audiology, Psychology, Biomedical Engineering, or related expertise.

    Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,

veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here.

Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you are applying for a position in San Francisco, please click here.
Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more.

Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more.
Apple is a drug-free workplace. Learn more.

Jeff Cronshagen
Apple University Relations

415-260-4186 (mobile)
jcronshagen@xxxxxxxxx