Re: [AUDITORY] Funding opportunities for Open Access publishing fees

Dear List,

I’ve received some nice responses, which I wanted to share with you.

First of all, Frontiers has a fee-waiver program for authors unable to pay publication fees - see ‘Fee support for authors’ on this page https://www.frontiersin.org/about/publishing-fees

The Open Acces directory has a list of journals and funding opportunities: http://oad.simmons.edu/oadwiki/OA_publication_funds
For example, PeerJ is a nice journal with a different funding scheme - depending on number of authors, it might be cheaper.

Unfortunately, these options aren’t helping my situation (since I already received a partial waiver, the universities of the authors don’t have any agreements with Frontiers. and I really want to publish there because of a special issue), but I want to thank everyone who responded nonetheless!

Best,
Kirsten