[AUDITORY] Research Engineer at Eriksholm Research Centre

Dear list,

The Eriksholm Research Centre is seeking for a research engineer. Find more details about the vacant position below:

Research Engineer for the development of assessment techniques of listening effort at Eriksholm Research Centre, part of Oticon.

Eriksholm Research Centre, situated in Snekkersten, Denmark, is seeking to fill a position for a research engineer. Our new colleague will be part of the Cognitive Hearing Science team developing different assessment techniques of listening effort.

About the position

You will work on integrating various assessment techniques of listening effort, including pupillometry, electroencephalography (EEG), and functional near-infrared spectroscopy (fNIRS). Furthermore, you will work on implementing different software solutions for research on listening effort with the newest hearing-aid technology. In addition, this includes supporting our collaboration partners in their research projects.

Research shows growing evidence that hearing-impairment affects listening effort and fatigue. Listening effort can be assessed using various measurement techniques, such as pupillometry, EEG and fNIRS. We aim to advance those techniques to obtain better outcome measures of listening effort with newest hearing-aid technology. In our projects, we are collaborating with leading universities on a global level, e.g. funded by the European Horizon 2020.

Your background
We are seeking for candidates with MSc or PhD degree in electrical engineering, biomedical engineering, technical audiology, data science, physics, or a related discipline. A strong interest in application-oriented work, programming skills (e.g. in Python, Matlab), as well as good English language skills are required. Candidates with experience in working in a research setting will be preferred.

Want to join the Eriksholm Research Centre?
If this opportunity appeals to you, then submit your application as soon as possible and no later than June 20, 2018. Please include the following documents: Letter of motivation, CV and 2-3 references (if possible).

If you would like to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact Dorothea Wendt (dowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx).

Learn more about the position and how to apply :

https://www.oticon.global/about/jobs/open-positions/job-details2?id=7248

About Eriksholm
Eriksholm pursues audiological discoveries with the potential to significantly enhance end-user benefits in future hearing care. We work in close collaboration with academic research institutions, clinicians and end-users, and being part of Oticon ensures that our scientific insights are applied in solutions that empower people with hearing loss.

Learn more about Eriksholm Research Centre: www.eriksholm.com

With kind regards,

Dorothea Wendt
Scientist, PhD