[AUDITORY] A capella solo singing

Dear list,

I’m trying to find audio recordings of a capella solo singing in which the singer is in tune (does not need to be a professional singer) and the recording quality is good (little or no background noise).  The recordings can be in any language, as long as the singing is based on familiar Western musical scales (e.g., songs in major and minor Western keys).

I’d be grateful for pointers to any resources that fit these criteria.

An example of the kind of thing I’m looking for is in the supporting information of: Zatorre, R. J., & Baum, S. R. (2012). Musical melody and speech intonation: Singing a different tune. PLoS biology, 10(7), e1001372.

Here is a link to the sound file: https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pbio.1001372.s004

Thanks,

Ani Patel

Aniruddh D. Patel

Professor, Dept. of Psychology, Tufts University

Senior Fellow, Canadian Institute for Advanced Research (CIFAR)

Azrieli Program in Brain, Mind, & Consciousness

http://ase.tufts.edu/psychology/people/patel/