[AUDITORY] Research Audiologist Position at New York University

Dear List,

We are searching for a new team member in the Laboratory for Translational Auditory Research, a research audiologist (M.A., AuD or Ph.D. in Audiology) to work with us in the areas of cochlear implants, hearing aids, and speech perception.

The audiologist would work with Mario Svirsky (the principal investigator) and the other core members of our team (Elad Sagi, Mahan Azadpour, and Jonathan Neukam), as well as other collaborators in such areas as basic neurophysiology, signal processing, or the interaction of cognition and speech perception.

We are looking for a friendly, intelligent, and positive person whose primary duties will be to recruit, schedule, and test research subjects, and manage the resulting data.  Current knowledge of cochlear implant fitting procedures is required.  Similar knowledge of hearing aid fitting as well as auditory evoked potentials is highly desirable. Excellent interpersonal skills are key, as a large component of this position is interacting with subjects as well as with our research team.  Other necessary traits include excellent organizational skills and experience in administering behavioral tests (speech and/or psychoacoustic). Prior research experience would be beneficial.

We are biased, of course, but we think this is a very cool opportunity to use your audiology skills to contribute to our research enterprise and help us figure out how it is that the human brain can understand speech, even under amazingly difficult conditions.

Audiologists interested in the position should send a CV tosvirsky@xxxxxxx  (mailing address:  550 First Avenue, NBV-5E5, Department of Otolaryngology, NYU School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016).

Sincerely,

Jonathan D. Neukam, AuD, CNIM, CCC-A

Jonathan D. Neukam, AuD, CNIM, CCC-A
Lab for Translational Auditory Research
462 First Avenue Bellevue N5E5
New York, New York 10016

This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is proprietary, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender by return email and delete the original message. Please note, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The organization accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.