[AUDITORY] Speech research/machine learning internship @ Alibaba

Title:  Speech research/machine learning internship @Alibaba

Time: summer or fall, 2018

Job location: Seattle, WA / San Francisco /  Beijing/  Hangzhou

Link:  https://sites.google.com/site/gangliuresearch/jobs

About You

A willingness to be a better you on a day by day basis.

About Us:

We are Machine Intelligence Technology - Speech, Alibaba Group (U.S.) Inc. We enable hundreds of millions of commercial and social interactions among our users, between consumers and merchants, and among businesses every day though speech.  We are on the top a gold mine of high quality big data with millions of real data samples.

What You’ll Do

Develop and refine algorithms to improve speech system performance under adverse conditions. To be specific, we will assign either of the following project to you according to your background:

1) Speaker recognition: feature engineering, modeling, deep learning, system fusion

2) Acoustic Event Identification:  data purification, audio event classification, abnormal audio event detection

At the end of internship, a conference paper is expected.

Skills You’ll Need

MSc/PhD candidate in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field

Proficiency in audio signal processsing and robust acoustic feature engineering is a plus

Experience with speech system performance improvements under adverse condition is a plus

Speaker/Language/Accent Identification is a plus

Speaker Recognition Anti-spoofing is a plus

Deep learning (DNN, CNN, LSTM)

Familiarity with C++, Python, Bash shell

Familiarity with ASR, DNN toolkits

Solid publication record

Contacts:

Gang Liu