Re: [AUDITORY] car noise recordings

Dear Kathryn,

We might have some audio samples that could interest you: we recorded car passages on wav format with a 44.1 kHz sampling rate on a runway.
Here a link to download a first dataset where you could find these some of these recordings : https://zenodo.org/record/1184443

In the 'dictionary' folder can be found samples of car passage:
- 'roadCar' samples correspond to cars driving more than 50 km/h
- 'cityCar' samples correspond to cars driving less than 50 km/h

Others sound samples can be found on a second dataset: https://zenodo.org/record/1213793
- in the 'event' folder you can found other 'roadCar' and 'cityCar' samples
- in the 'background' folder, you can find continous traffic noise samples (traffic_bg) found online on freesound.org

If you want some details on these dataset, you can download our article here : https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-01635393/

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions

Best,

GLOAGUEN Jean-Rémy
PhD student

Département Aménagement, Mobilité et Environnement (AME)
Unité Mixte de Recherche en Acoustique Environnementale (UMRAE)

IFSTTAR Centre de Nantes

Allée des Ponts et Chaussées

CS 5004

44 344 Bouguenais cedex

Tél : +33 (0) 2 40 84 56 19
www.ifsttar.fr

----- Kathryn H Arehart <Kathryn.Arehart@xxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

Dear Colleagues,

We are looking for recordings of car noise that we could implement effectively for a sampling rate of 22kHz. We would appreciate learning of resources you might know of or would be able to share.

Thanks,

Kathy Arehart

University of Colorado Boulder