[AUDITORY] Student internships at Oculus Research - Reminder!

Dear List,

Oculus Research is nearing the end of hiring for our 2018 audio internships, but we are still accepting student applications for paid internships in Redmond. There are three projects in particular for which we’d like to hire promising students, whether they are Masters or PhD candidates. If you meet the minimum qualifications, please apply online through one of the links below:

*Project 1:

Room acoustics simulation and algorithm development. Here we are looking for experience with ray tracing, path tracing, global illumination rendering for graphics, and/or numerical simulations.
https://www.facebook.com/careers/jobs/a0I1H00000LBpXDUA1

*Project 2:

Machine Learning – Audio. Ideal candidates would be working in acoustic system identification, blind RT60 estimation, dereverberation, time-frequency domain signal processing, machine learning, and/or statistical analysis.

https://www.facebook.com/careers/jobs/a0I1H00000LCWoNUAX

*Project 3:

Mechanical Engineering. An ideal candidate here would have a strong background in Finite Element Analysis, Numerical Modeling/Simulation, and/or acoustic engineering. Loudspeaker/transducer engineering experience is a plus.

https://www.facebook.com/careers/jobs/a0I1H00000LBpXDUA1

What the interviews are like:

Our interview process for interns is a minimum of two 45-min video call sessions with one of our researchers here in Washington. The interviews focus heavily on your current and past research interests and how you might contribute to the world of VR/AR with your interests.

Timeline:

A recruiter will contact you if they see a match between your skill set and our open roles. Once you are contacted by a recruiter we try and interview you and offer you within a 2-week timespan. Please let a recruiter know if you have any deadlines/timelines they should be aware of, please note that are internships are anywhere from 12-24 weeks.

Thanks!

-Owen.

W. Owen Brimijoin

Perceptual Research Scientist