Re: [AUDITORY] Sound example for spectral smearing

Dear List,

We have recently developed a Hearing Loss Simulator that is fully down-loadable as an open source project.

The concept, based on the work of Irino, Patterson and colleagues, is an inverse dynamic gammachirp auditory filter that cancel compression using an inverse High Pass Auditory filter and, as a consequence, reduce the audibility, linearize the IO function of the cochlea and increase the bandwidth of the auditory filters for a normal hearing listener.

This hearing loss simulator has already simulated successfully the decrease in Speech Reception Thresholds for HI liseners:

Parizet, E., Grimault, N., Garcia, S., Corneyllie,A.,Brocolini,L.(2016), Hearing loss simulator for sound quality applications, Inter-noise 2016, http://pub.dega-akustik.de/IN2016/data/articles/000074.pdf

For more information, please go to:

http://hearinglosssimulator.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

To download the open source project, please go to:

https://github.com/samuelgarcia/HearingLossSimulator

Regards,

Nicolas.