[AUDITORY] Auditory Processing Workshop in Telluride this Summer

I want to let Auditory people know that we are now taking applications for the Telluride Neuromorphic Engineering Cognition workshop, which has been the source of many novel ideas. The experiment and algorithms in this paper, for example, were conceived in Telluride a few summers ago:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24429136

The official announcement reads: The 3-week Telluride 2018 Neuromorphic Cognition Engineering Workshop (July 1-20, 2018) is now open for applications from participants. This year's workshop theme is Embodied Perception and Action. Details of the workshop, application details, and this year's four exciting topic areas can be found at https://sites.google.com/view/telluride2018/home. Applications will close on Apr 2nd, 2018.

The exact audio projects are to be determined based on who is in Telluride, but the focus will be around the perception of speech and music, as measured by EEG (and other datasets we bring with us), and using DNNs to model the data. We endeavor to put together multiple pilot experiments that demonstrate new and audacious idea.  All in 20 days.

There are other projects in Telluride this summer, but clearly the most interesting work gets done in the auditory project. :-)

I encourage all interested PhD students and recent PhD graduates to consider applying.  This is a working workshop, where participants work closely with about 10 faculty who will be in attendance. Confirmed faculty so far include:
Shihab Shamma (Maryland and ENS),
Alain de Chevigne (ENS and UCL),
Ed Lalor (Rochester and Dublin),
Lisa Margulis (Arkansas),
Mounya Elhali (JHU),
Antje Ihlefeld (NJIT),
Lucas Para (CUNY),
Nima Mesgarani (Columbia),
Tobias Reichenbach (Imperial),
Behtash Babadi (Maryland),
Jens Hjorkjaer (DTU) and
Malcolm Slaney (Google).
Where else, for such a low price, can you work with all these amazing people at one time!!??!?!!?

Let me know if you have questions.  And put in your application.

- Malcolm