Re: [AUDITORY] Who coined the term "head-related transfer function"?

Pierre found me a copy of a 1972 Plenge paper by the right title, here, not JASA:
http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/dav/aaua/1972/00000026/00000005/art00003
Plenge, Georg. "On the problem of “in head localization”." Acta Acustica united with Acustica 26.5 (1972): 241-252.

It has lots of head-related ("kopfbezogener"), but not anything that looks like HRTF.

Head-related stereophony was a term already in use since 1971 at least, e.g. in Damaske, P. "Head‐Related Two‐Channel Stereophony with Loudspeaker Reproduction." The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 50.4B (1971): 1109-1115.
Or "head-oriented stereophony" as was probably an alternative translation in Plenge's 1972 paper at
http://web.arch.usyd.edu.au/~wmar0109/DESC9090/old/BechZach_doc/AES_papers_doc/Plenge+Romahn72.pdf

The earliest HRTF I can find is 1975:
http://asa.scitation.org/doi/abs/10.1121/1.1995200
Yorifuji, Y., M. Morimoto, and Y. Ando. "Effect of training in sound localization in the median plane." The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 57.S1 (1975): S37-S37.
Just an abstract of a poster; the other 1975 Google Scholar hits are false positives: other abstracts on the same page.

If Plenge actually coined the term, it would be good  to find that.
Pierre, maybe try this one in 1973, which Google says contains kopfbezogener:
http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/dav/aaua/1973/00000029/00000005/art00004
Or this 1972 Wilkens paper:
http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/dav/aaua/1972/00000026/00000004/art00006

Dick