[AUDITORY] Three Year Anniversary of monotoSTEREO.info Website!

Greetings!

I am pleased to report that today marks the three year anniversary of the monotoSTEREO.info website! The website provides a collection of resources for individuals interested in upmixing older mono source material to stereo through the use of spectral editing, sound source separation, and related processes. Over the past three years there have been over 18,000 visits to the website by individuals in 125 countries!

There are now approximately 1,300 links to research papers, presentations, posters, etc. on the RESEARCH pages of the website. There is a convenient search engine for the website at the top of each page.

There are currently 37 spectral editing and sound source separation tools listed on the TOOLS pages of the website. Over the past three years, a number of applications have begun to include spectral editing capabilities. New applications making use of sound source separation have been made available, with more on the way. Existing spectral editors and sound source separation applications continue to improve and add new, powerful tools.

There are currently over 80 examples of upmixes from mono to stereo linked to on the MEDIA pages of the website. Be sure to check them out!

There is also a companion Facebook page where I post updates and related content. Be sure to stop by the Facebook page and “Like” us to follow the website for updates!

This coming year will see many incredible new upmixes from mono to stereo released commercially. Let me take this opportunity to thank the researchers, developers, and software companies that have helped to make the tools available for harnessing this technology. As always, your comments and suggestions are always gladly received!

I hope that you find the website interesting, informative, useful, and thought provoking! Thank you to all who have visited over the past three years. Your continued interest and support is most appreciated!

Best regards,
Christopher Kissel
Owner & Webmaster of monotoSTEREO.info

monotostereo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx