[AUDITORY] Pointers for User Testing Cognition of Data Sonification

Dear List

We are currently developing a few modules that sonify data representation, where
a) class-intervals and scales of data and also b) trends and variation patterns are represented as sounds.

1) Please can you point me to user-testing paradigms (from HCI literature / psycho-acoustic experiments / congnitive neuroscience/psychology paradigms that we can model our user testing on.

2) Also any studies that relate variation of different characteristics of sound, to representation of numeric data and or variation of data/statistical measures, would be extremely helpful as a guide/validation.

You can reply anything major to the list, so it serves other folks too, or you can also email me offlist.

Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you all.

Warm Regards
Sharath Chandra Ram
Graduate Research Fellow
https://artscilab.atec.io/ (ATEC)