[AUDITORY] Internship Opportunities - Oculus Research

Oculus research is seeking interns for 2018
Projects in spatial hearing, auditory modelling, quality assessment and other areas will be considered.

Job description:
Oculus Research is building on our expertise in virtual reality systems to begin the development of augmented reality (AR). This moves us from a technology whose primary application has been in games and entertainment to one that could replace the smart phone and computers as the primary device for communication and work as well as entertainment. We are currently seeking innovative interns with a passion for applied and fundamental research in perception science to focus on the development of AR systems. Wearable AR devices present a new set of perceptual challenges. Oculus research is seeking research interns with expertise in wearable bio-sensing, comfort evaluation, vision and auditory science, or perceptual modelling to advance AR technologies.

The Perception Science team at Oculus Research is learning how the brain uses sensory information to generate perception, thought, and action. We provide this knowledge to engineers and designers to inform the design of systems and content for interactive user experiences. To this end, we perform experiments and develop computational models to improve our understanding of how sensory information is used to create experience, identify which stimuli can be imperceptibly degraded, and optimize integrated systems that allow content creators to create the engaging, functional, and comfortable experiences people want.

Responsibilities

Theoretical and experimental research in perception or cognitive science
Collaboration with and support of other researchers across engineering and scientific disciplines
Communication of research agenda, progress and results.

Minimum Qualification

Pursuing a PhD or Master’s degree in Cognitive Science, Vision Science, Perceptual Psychology,
Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
Strong background in experimental methods and/or statistical decision theoretic models of human behavior
Must be currently enrolled in a full time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship
Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-group, and cross-culture collaboration
High levels of creativity and quick problem solving capabilities
Proven track record of achieving significant results
Ability to obtain work authorization in the United States in 2018

Preferred Qualifications

Demonstrated software engineering experience via an internship, work experience, coding competitions or PhD papers
Knowledge of information theory, signal processing, and/or simulation expertise
Ability to design and perform psychophysical experiments

Apply here:

https://www3.oculus.com/en-us/careers/a0I1H00000K6nphUAB/