[AUDITORY] postdoctoral and research assistant positions - Groh lab - Duke University

Dear list,

Please circulate to any interested parties.  Thanks!

--Jennifer Groh

POSTDOCTORAL AND RESEARCH ASSISTANT POSITIONS (Groh laboratory, Duke University)

Postdoctoral and research assistant positions are available immediately to study spatial processing in the auditory and visual systems of the brain.  Our work focuses on general principles underlying neural representations, and is “compumental” in flavor – computation + experiment in hopes of understanding our mental life.  Recent discoveries include evidence for time-division multiplexing in the brain, an important finding that suggests how the brain might represent multiple stimuli at once, and our finding that the eardrums move when the eyes move – a finding we think of as indicating there is no unisensory “safe space” in the brain – the senses interact with each other everywhere it is possible to do so.

A strong quantitative background is essential for positions at either level.  For postdoctoral applicants, experience in neurophysiology, animal training, and/or auditory psychophysics is preferred.  For research assistant applicants, this position can serve as a bridge between undergraduate and graduate or medical school; initial appointment will be for one year with the expectation of being renewed for additional years.

For further information on current projects, please see www.duke.edu/~jmgroh as well as the pre-print server biorxiv.   To apply, please email plain text cover letter including the names of 2-3 references and CV to jmgroh@xxxxxxxx.  Posted by:   Dr. J. M. Groh, LSRC Rm B203, Center for Cognitive Neuroscience, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708.

Review of applications will begin Oct 1 and will continue until the positions are filled.

--
Jennifer M. Groh, Ph.D.

Professor
Department of Psychology and Neuroscience
Department of Neurobiology
Center for Cognitive Neuroscience

B203 LSRC, Box 90999
Durham, NC 27708