Re: [AUDITORY] Sounds and artificial reality

Hello everybody,

previous works made in the area of the "Sound Space" for those who are interested:
And for Zach to discover about possible applications…
http://www.gregbeller.com/2014/05/sound-space/

The Sound Space is a new musical instrument. In a similar way a sampler is an empty box to be filled up with sound files, the Sound Space turns the physical space around the performer as a key-area to place and to play his own voice samples. With the Sound Space, a performer literary spreads his voice around him by the gesture, creating an entire sound scene while playing with it. The gesture association of time and space makes this instrument also suitable for dancers and body/movement artists, and for various applications.

Used in this installation:
http://synekine.com/creation/le-palais-de-la-memoire/

with papers:
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/281645440_Sound_Space_and_Spatial_Sampler
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/263278020_The_Synekine_Project

Regards

Greg Beller
Head of the Interfaces Research/Creation
IRCAM - Centre Pompidou