[AUDITORY] Call for contributions: Together in music (12-14 April, York, UK)

We are pleased to announce an interdisciplinary conference on ensemble performance to be held in York, from 12-14 April, and invite proposals for contributions

Together in music: _expression_, Performance and Communication in Ensembles

Call for contributions

Music ensembles can be experienced, investigated and understood from multiple perspectives. Whilst communication and reception by performers and audience members lie at the heart of this, many other elements play a part, including perception, socio-cultural factors, coordination, digital technologies and environment. This conference aims to bring together music performers, academics, and teachers and offer an interdisciplinary perspective on ensemble performance including theory and practice. Disciplines may include among others music education, music performance, psychology, sociology, ethnomusicology, acoustics, aesthetics, computer science, audio engineering, and music technology.

We welcome submissions for spoken presentations, posters, workshops and performance demonstrations.

Deadline for abstract submissions: 23 October 2017 (extended from 1 October 2017)

Full details: http://wrocahensemble.sites.sheffield.ac.uk/tim

Kind regards,

Renee Timmers

--