[AUDITORY] Reminder/announcement: SNAP 2017 in Lübeck, Germany

Dear colleagues,

I wanted to — once again or for the first time – kindly alert you to our workshop
SNAP 2017 („Signal and Noise along the Auditory Pathway“)

taking place in
Lübeck, Germany, on December 8–9 2017.

See poster and all information here:

***

CONFIRMED LINE-UP OF SPEAKERS:
Sami­ra Ander­son, U Mary­land Col­lege Park, USA
Jen­nifer Biz­ley, UCL, UK
Maria Chait, UCL, UK
Tom Fran­cart, U Leu­ven, BE
Christoph Kayser, U Glas­gow, UK
Edmund Lalor, U Rochester, USA
Josh McDer­mott, MIT, USA
Nima Mes­garani, U Colum­bia, USA
Sarah Ver­hulst, U Ghent, BE

+ DISCUSSANTS:
Sonja Kotz
Thomas Muente
Erich Schroeger

SCIENTIFIC ADVISORY BOARD:
Maria Chait
Jonathan Peelle

With only about 10 invited talks and thus ample time for presentations, discussions and posters,
we will hold the workshop in the heart of Lübeck’s medieval city centre (which is UNESCO world heritage). In December, when you would be here, Lübeck also holds a quite pittoresque German christmas market.
The baltic sea (15 km), Hamburg (70 km) and even Berlin (230 km) are close.The Hamburg airport (70 km) is easily reached by regional train.

***

We still have a few slots for registration at an affordable fee (which will include lunch and coffee breaks at the meeting), see website as well.

See you in Lübeck,
Jonas

PS:
The first SNAP (SNAP 2013) had taken place at the Max Planck in Leipzig in December 2013 and had been a huge success at the time, with a very small crowd of select speakers and attendees. Impressions also here: http://auditorycognition.com/2013/12/15/snap-sum-up/

Jonas Obleser
Professor

University of Lübeck
Department of Psychology