[AUDITORY] Open position: eHealth Researcher at the Eriksholm Research Centre, Oticon, Denmark

Dear Auditory List,

The eHealth team at the Eriksholm Research Centre, Oticon has the following open position: www.oticon.global/about/jobs/open-positions/job-details2?id=2001). Do not hesitate to share.

eHealth Researcher at the Eriksholm Research Centre, Oticon

Full-time, three-year contract with strong possibility of becoming a permanent position

Location Denmark - Snekkersten

Do you have an extensive knowledge of clinical audiology practices and of eHealth research? Would you like to be part of developing tomorrow’s eHealth solutions for people with hearing loss and their clinicians? Would you like to become part of a world class audiology research centre? Does facilitating research with partners around the world sound like your dream job? Then you might be the new eHealth researcher we are looking for! This position ideally starts on 1st October 2017.

Your team and tasks

You will become part of the eHealth team, consisting of three dedicated researchers with a strong international track record and with an interdisciplinary perspective of eHealth research. With your new colleagues, you will be responsible for researching eHealth solutions that can transform clinical audiology with flexible, personalised support. You will research solutions that support an immersive experience for every hearing device user and their ever-changing environment. You will research how connected, Internet of Things hearing devices can lead to innovative hearing healthcare practices. You will drive improved evidence-based practices in hearing healthcare through advanced analytics on large datasets. You will gather clinical evidence in close collaboration with people with hearing impairment and their clinicians. Your research will not only generate publications, but will also transform the clinical practice of clinicians, as well as the operations of large hearing healthcare providers.

Our Eriksholm DNA is applied science, so at our research centre you will conduct world class research in close collaboration with leading scientists around the world. You will also develop strong skills in industrial product development, bringing your ideas to fruition together with a broad range of colleagues  within William Demant such as Research & Development, Sales & Marketing, and Oticon Medical.

Your tasks will include:

·         Need analysis of people with hearing loss and clinicians

·         Requirements analysis of stakeholders within William Demant

·         Clinical research idea generation, research design, and research conduction

·         Research presentation (oral and written) to various stakeholders, both internal and external

·         Implementation of research results in products and services

·         Generation of intellectual property

Your background

We expect you to have a PhD in a hearing healthcare-related field such as clinical or applied research audiology. Alternatively, you have a MSc in a hearing healthcare-related field and you have significant research experience. You also have experience with management of research projects.

On a personal level, you thrive in a role requiring you to be in contact with a broad range of stakeholders. You see taking on new tasks as rewarding and challenging and you do so without hesitation. You are a fast learner and you have high drive. You have a friendly and open attitude.

We expect you to be fluent in both oral and written English.

Want to join the team?

Then send your application today, as we are currently screening applications no later than August 6, 2017. See www.job.oticon.com to apply online. Interviews are expected to take place on August 16 and 17.

If you would like to know more about the position, please contact Ariane Laplante-Lévesque, eHealth Research Area Manager at +45 4829 8924.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

My best wishes,

Ariane

Ariane Laplante-Lévesque

Research Area Manager, eHealth

emailsignature_ERC_Logo_40year

Eriksholm Research Centre
Rørtangvej 20
3070 Snekkersten
Denmark
Direct:     +45 4829 8924
Email:
arll@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Website: www.eriksholm.com

Eriksholm pursues audiological
discoveries with the potential to
significantly enhance end-user
benefits in future hearing care.
We work in close collaboration
with academic research institutions,
clinicians and end-users, and being
part of Oticon ensures that our scien-
tific insights are applied in solutions
that empower people with hearing loss.

Associate Professor (adj.)

Department of Behavioral Sciences and Learning
Linköping University
581 83 Linköping
Sweden

Email: ariane.laplante-levesque@xxxxxx