[AUDITORY] PhD and Post-doc positions in Cochlear implant research

Dear list,

A 3-year PhD studentship and a 2-year post-doctoral position are availableat the laboratory of Mechanics and Acoustics in Marseille (France) under the supervisionof Olivier Macherey.

Our lab has a special focus on auditory perception by cochlear implantusers, and aims to improve their sound perception by a better understanding of themechanisms at stake in electrical stimulation of the auditory nerve.

PhD position: the projectinvolves research on electrophysiological correlates of loudness perceptionusing auditory brainstem responses. It targets understanding of electricalpulse integration both within and across CI electrodes. We are looking for astudent with an audiology, neuroscience, and/or engineering background combinedwith good quantitative skills. The position additionally requires knowledge ofprogramming (Matlab/Python), strong interest in auditory perception and an abilityto work with human subjects.

Post-doc position: this position is part of a project that will identify the differentlimitations of intensity coding in CIs and more closely mimic the neuralrecruitment occurring in the acoustically-stimulated ear. We are looking for arecent PhD graduate with a background in auditory psychophysics and/orphysiology. Candidates with previous experience with cochlear implants will receivespecial consideration.

Some knowledge of French orwillingness to learn will be a plus for both positions.

Please address informalenquiries to me by email (macherey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) orin a couple of weeks at Granlibakken if you are attending the CIAP meeting. Toapply, please send me a statement letter, CV, and recommendation letters from 2or 3 references.

Best wishes,

Olivier

Olivier Macherey, PhD

Research Scientist

Laboratoire deMécanique et d?Acoustique ? CNRS
4 Impasse NikolaTesla

13013 Marseille

Tel : +33 (0)646 161 857

macherey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx