Re: [AUDITORY] create a sound file on a server via a web application

Dear Branka

At the server end you will need an application that allows you to upload files, this is probably easiest in something like PHP which wraps the file upload protocol. Or you could create a lower-level server application using WebSockets.

At the client end you need an application that is allowed to record through the computer microphone. I think most applications I have seen use a Java client, but this requires a lot from the user in installing and configuring Java on their computer. Ideally you would be able to do this from a web application written in _javascript_ running in a browser, but issues of security and lack of standards makes this painful. I have written an introduction to using audio in web applications - including making recordings - that you may find useful:

Using Web Audio To Deliver Interactive Speech Tools In The Browser
http://www.isphs.org/Phonetician/Phonetician_111-112.pdf

And you can try out my WASP application for the web to see what is possible.
https://www.speechandhearing.net/laboratory/wasp/

But I'm sure you will still have problems with Apple products, since Apple does not seem to want users to have this capability.

Regards

Mark Huckvale