[AUDITORY] 11 open PhD positions in Vienna - Cognition & Communication

FYI.  Some of the faculty associated with this opportunity (including Fitch) do research on auditory communication.
Ani Patel

-----Original Message-----
From: Tecumseh Fitch [mailto:tecumseh.fitch@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2017 6:03 AM
To: Tecumseh Fitch <tecumseh.fitch@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Petra Pesak <petra.pesak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: 11 open PhD positions in Vienna - Cognition & Communication

Dear Colleagues,

This is to alert you (and more importantly your most promising Masters students!) to the existence of 11 fully funded PhD positions in Vienna, under the broad heading of cognitive biology, in our newly funded doctoral training program "Cognition & Communication”.  This involves 10 faculty members at two universities. All training will be in English, so knowledge of German is not required.

The faculty members are:
Tecumseh Fitch (speaker), Thomas Bugnyar,  Walter Hödl, Kurt Kotrschal, Claus Lamm, Angela Stoeger, Sabine Tebbich (University of Vienna) and Ludwig Huber (co-speaker), Leonida Fusani, and, Friederike Range (University of Veterinary Medicine Vienna)

For more information, please follow this link:
 cogcom.univie.ac.at

I would be most appreciative if you could spread this announcement around, and in particular direct it to the attention of your brightest research-oriented students! We hope to receive many excellent applications.

Thanks in advance,
Tecumseh Fitch

*  Prof. W. Tecumseh Fitch, PhD                   http://cogbio.univie.ac.at/   *
**  Dept. of Cognitive Biology, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria  **
**  +43-1-4277-76111 office;   email:  tecumseh.fitch@xxxxxxxxxxxx    **