[AUDITORY] Final Call for Papers [DeSForM 2017: Sense and Sensitivity]

Dear All,

The countdown has started for our hard extended deadline for long/short paper submissions - March 10 is the day!

Looking forward to your contributions,

Conference chairs
Elif Özcan (TU Delft) and Miguel Bruns Alonso (TU Eindhoven)

Logo DeSForM.png

DeSForM 2017: Sense and Sensitivity
10th Conference on Design and Semantics of Form and Movement
October 17-18 Delft, October 19-20 Eindhoven, The Netherlands

| CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
Submission Deadlines:
- Papers (Full / Short / Demos): March 10, 2017
- Workshops connecting research and practice: April 21, 2017

| PROGRAM

|| 17 October - Tuesday afternoon Business cases   TU Delft
|| 18 October - Wednesday Conference Day 1 TU Delft
|| 19 October - Thursday Conference Day 2 TU Eindhoven
|| 20 October - Friday Conference Day 3 Philips Design, High-Tech Campus, Eindhoven
|| 21 October - Saturday Dutch Design Week Eindhoven

>>> Next Call

| WORKSHOPS CONNECTING RESEARCH AND PRACTICE
DeSForM 2017 will host up to five parallel (half)day workshops on Friday October 20. The aim for these workshops is to translate theoretical perspectives / tools / methods / materials from (design) research to practice. We are interested in workshops that try to explore novel approaches to interaction and holistic experiences involving all our senses and sensitivities in everyday contexts. We encourage workshops to explore applications in healthcare domains. Furthermore, we encourage contributors to seek inspiration in the themes of the conference. The workshops will be organized at the High-Tech Campus Philips Design offices.

A more detailed call for the workshop  submissions will be included in DeSForM second call for papers, expected at the beginning of March 2017. Please keep an eye on desformx.org for updates.

| SUBMISSION DEADLINES
  • Papers: March 10, 2017
  • Workshops: April 21, 2017

All work must be submitted electronically (using the InTech template) via the DeSForM 2017 easychair conference site at:

| CONTACT

Supported by TU Delft, TU Eindhoven, Design United and Philips Design