[AUDITORY] Comparison ASH/HSR; ChiME

Dear List,

First, thank you for the useful information often patiently laid down on this mailing list, where no flame war or spam takes place [1].

In the process of writing my PhD dissertation, I am looking for the latest results in Automatic Speech Recognition, compared to Human Speech Recognition. To this end, I have a main question (a) and a side question (b) to you:

(a) What are the most recent significant results comparing human and machine speech recognition capabilities?

(b) Why has the CHiME challenge stopped providing this comparison [2]? I appreciate the recognition task should be harder every year, but surely this comparison is of interest to the community?

Best regards,
--
Alban, University of Nottingham

[1] http://www.scs.stanford.edu/~dm/home/papers/remove.pdf