[AUDITORY] ACM ICMR Brave New Ideas: also welcoming brave music, speech, and audio research (24 Feb)

(apologies for any cross-postings)
Dear colleagues,
We would like to draw your attention to the fact that the ACM ICMR
deadline for Brave New Ideas has been extended to 24 February. We would
be happy to see a strong showing of music, speech, and audio submissions.

** ACM International Conference on Multimedia Retrieval **
** June 6-9 2017, Bucharest, Romania **

Call for brave new ideas papers
http://www.icmr2017.ro/call-for-bni.php

In this track we invite visionary papers exploring highly innovative
ideas and/or paradigm shifts in conventional theory and practice of
multimedia retrieval. Such papers may for example arise from solid
mono-disciplinary completely new ways of thinking, interdisciplinary
work bringing totally new perspectives on problems or solutions, involve
unprecedented scales of data volume, or (strongly encouraged) involve
combinations of information channels not pursued before. These papers
may not be “complete” in the “traditional” manner in the sense that it
may not be possible to have experimental results comparing other related
efforts or that they may not have large, publicly available data sets to
be used for performance comparison. However, we expect these papers to
be visionary by nature.

** Maximum Length of a Paper **
A typical brave new idea paper is around 6 pages, but submissions may be
up to 8 pages.

** Important Dates **
Paper Submission: February 24, 2017 at 23:59 EET
Notification of Acceptance: March 29, 2017
Camera-Ready Papers Due: April 26, 2017

---
Dr. Cynthia Liem MMus
Assistant Professor

Multimedia Computing Group
Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science
Delft University of Technology (TU Delft)
Mekelweg 4, 2628 CD, Delft, The Netherlands
Room 11.300

Telephone: +31 (0)15 27 82188
Website: http://mmc.tudelft.nl/users/cynthia-liem
E-mail: c.c.s.liem@xxxxxxxxxx