From: AUDITORY - Research in Auditory Perception <AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Victor Benichoux <benichoux@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: February 7, 2017 1:35 AM
To: AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Scream spectrum

On 6 Feb 2017, at 21:56, Huron, David <huron.1@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear collective wisdom,

I recall reading somewhere (long ago) that most human screams exhibit a spectral peak in the 3 kHz region (more broadly, 2-5 kHz) coinciding with the threshold dip due to the ear canal resonance.  The implication is that screams are co-adapted to the most sensitive region of human hearing.

Can anyone point me to a suitable reference?  Even literature reporting power spectrum data for human screams would be useful.

David Huron