Re: [AUDITORY] Maximum temporal window for pattern recognition and the perception of redundancy

Hello Dario,

for the perception of "dynamic equilibrium" audio events such as the sea sound you mention you might be interested in the work of McDermott's group on the perception of audio textures:

@article{mcdermott2011sound,
  title={Sound texture perception via statistics of the auditory periphery: {Evidence} from sound synthesis},
  author={J. H. {McDermott} and E. P. Simoncelli},
  journal={Neuron},
  volume={71},
  pages={926--940},
  year={2011},