Open position: eHealth Researcher with health informatics expertise, Eriksholm Research Centre, Oticon, Denmark

Dear Auditory List,

The eHealth team at the Eriksholm Research Centre, Oticon is growing! Please be aware of the following open position (see www.oticon.global/about/jobs/open-positions/job-details?id=3603). Do not hesitate to share:

eHealth Researcher with health informatics expertise at the Eriksholm Research Centre, Oticon

Full-time, 2.5-year contract with strong possibility of becoming a permanent position

As eHealth Researcher, are you passionate about information and communication technology innovations that transform healthcare? Would you like to be part of designing and innovating patient-centred eHealth solutions that promote self-management of hearing loss? Do you have a good understanding of IT systems / IT strategy and how they improve the quality and cost-effectiveness of healthcare? Would you like to make a difference for tomorrow’s eHealth solutions for people with hearing loss and their hearing care professionals and become part of a world-class audiology research centre? Then you might be the new eHealth Researcher we are looking for! This is a full-time position on a 2.5-year contract, with strong possibility of becoming a permanent position, ideally starting on 1st March 2017 or before.

The Eriksholm Research Centre, situated in Snekkersten near Helsingør, Denmark, is part of Oticon. Learn more: www.eriksholm.com

Your team and tasks

Within the research centre of a large medical device manufacturer, you will become part of the eHealth group currently consisting of four dedicated researchers with a strong international research record of accomplishment. You will be one of our experts regarding IT applications in healthcare. In collaboration with your new colleagues, you will be responsible for creating and researching clinical audiology solutions supported by electronic processes and communication. You will be at the centre of the definition of the user and system requirements, software design, IT architecture, implementation, and test, sometimes completing this yourself, sometimes coordinating and closely following-up the work of collaborators. Example of work include web, cloud, and mobile applications, Machine Learning, including big data, that facilitate patient involvement and empowerment in their hearing care, leading to better data and information exchange for the benefit of the patients and of the hearing care professionals. By being part of researching eHealth solutions that are both useful and intuitive, your work will help transform the clinical practice of hearing care professionals, as well as the operations of large health care providers.

Our Eriksholm DNA is applied science, so at our research centre you will contribute to world class research in close collaboration with leading scientists around the world. You will also develop strong skills in industrial product and service development, bringing your ideas to fruition together with a broad range of colleagues within Oticon such as Research & Development, Information Technology, Sales & Marketing, and Oticon Medical. Together with your innovative colleagues, you will contribute to the generation of intellectual property.

Your tasks will include:

·         Design, implement, and test software and IT solutions sometimes completing this yourself, other times coordinating and closely following-up the work of intern and extern collaborators

·         Be a software and IT bridge between our user requirements and our eHealth demonstrators by planning and documenting software requirements and specifications using common revision handling systems

·         Gather and analyse the needs of stakeholders within Oticon, users, and hearing care professionals

·         Serve as a subject matter expert

·         Implement research results in our products and services

·         Present your work (oral and written)

·         Contribute to securing resources for activities, including contribute to funding applications

Your background

You have significant training and experience in health informatics or related areas. You have a PhD in information technology and healthcare, health informatics, health information systems, computer science, or engineering. Alternatively, you have a MSc in a similar field and have an interest in research and in completing a PhD in the future. We expect you to have experience in managing projects (health informatics and/or research). You have significant experience with all phases of eHealth projects, from user needs elicitation to clinical evaluation. You are familiar with software development methodology and processes, including Agile software development.

On a personal level, you can both work independently as well as part of a team. You have no problem sometimes managing projects, and sometimes being managed by others. You thrive in a role requiring you to be in contact with a broad range of stakeholders and collaborating with and understanding colleagues and researcher from other disciplines. You see taking on new tasks as rewarding and challenging and you do so without hesitation. You are self-motivated and a quick learner. You have a friendly and open attitude.

You are fluent in both oral and written English.

Want to join the team?

Then send your application today, as we are currently screening applications, but no later than on January 13 2017. We expect to invite the selected candidates for interviews in week 5.

If you would like to know more about the position, please contact Ariane Laplante-Lévesque, Research Area Manager, eHealth at +45 4829 8924.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

About Eriksholm Research Centre

Eriksholm pursues audiological discoveries with the potential to significantly enhance end-user benefits in future hearing care. We work in close collaboration with academic research institutions, clinicians and end-users, and being part of Oticon ensures that our scientific insights are applied in solutions that empower people with hearing loss.

My best wishes,

Ariane

Ariane Laplante-Lévesque, PhD

Research Area Manager, eHealth

Eriksholm Research Centre
Rørtangvej 20
3070 Snekkersten
Denmark
Direct:     +45 4829 8924
Email:
arll@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Website: www.eriksholm.com

Eriksholm pursues audiological
discoveries with the potential to
significantly enhance end-user
benefits in future hearing care.
We work in close collaboration
with academic research institutions,
clinicians and end-users, and being
part of Oticon ensures that our scien-
tific insights are applied in solutions
that empower people with hearing loss.

Associate Professor (adj.)

Department of Behavioral Sciences and Learning
Linköping University
581 83 Linköping
Sweden

Email: ariane.laplante-levesque@xxxxxx