German cooperation partner search on the field of psychoacoustic research

Dear list,

I am looking for cooperation partner(s) in Germany, preferably but not exclusively Berlin and/or Eastern-German region for a PhD program or research offer.

I used to work at a university in Hungary, but my future temporary work calls me to Berlin for the next 4-5 years at a governmental institution. I wanted to recruit a PhD student in psychoacoustics but it would be more efficient to host it at a German technical university or similar institution near me.

The subject is “objective and subjective evaluation of special designed headphones (such as bone conduction, Active-Noise-Cancellation, in-ear tube, multispeaker) especially targeting sound source spatialization techniques (HRTF, panning methods etc.) and/or use in assistive technologies”

I have purchased some of the equipment of about 5-6 different headphones that I can offer for the project. Furthermore, a headphone test application for spatial simulation is also available if needed. A lab with anechoic room(s), dummy-head(s) and the ability for subjective listening tests would be great.

I am interested in any kind of collaboration: the best would be a joint PhD program with joint supervision of the candidate at the German Institution, but I am also open for collegial research and publication activity on this field.

Communication can be both German and English (and Hungarian...).

If you are interested, please send me an email to the official address wersenyi@xxxxxx , thank you.

Prof. Dr.-Ing. habil. György WERSÉNYI
electrical engineer
full professor